Friday, April 30, 2010

SIMUN

The SIMUN simulation for global ed was really fun. I enjoyed it a lot because i had Andre in my group and he is amazing. I liked that there was older kids participating because it almost gave me people to look up to. There was one kid named Jack who was funny and really smart who i looked up to the most. Whenever he said something I did .

Being my first SIMUN i thought i did pretty well, I talked a lot on the speakers list, I always asked questions and helped write most of the resolutions. I think next time I should write what I say before I say it because a few times I talked I mumbled and repeated the same thing I said over and over.

The worst part of the SIMUN was when it ended. By the time I got to the end of it I wanted it to last forever because of the fun debating with upperclassmen. I wish that the whole SIMUN simulation lasted longer, and I can’t wait till I am one of the older kids and I get to be the chair.

The preparation for SIMUN kind of scared me in the beginning because I thought that we were going to have to know our whole history leading into SIMUN and I really don’t care much about Frances history. I was really scared leading into it, I thought that I was going to get owned by other kids on the debate part.

The best scenario in my opinion was when I got to talk about China using and stealing European software off the internet. I really got to talk a lot and this was the funnest issue for me. I worked on many issues like this with Andre and Olivia and we wrote the main Resolution.

The overall experience for SIMUN was really fun and I learned a lot from the kids. It was really fun learning from other kids for once not only teachers. When you are learning with kids it just feels like fun not really learning. I enjoy the SIMUN simulation and I may try to sign up for MAMUN next year if it comes to it. I defiantly cannot wait for SIMUN next year and I hope it will be as fun as it was this year. Next year ill learn a lot more about the issues before I talk about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment